Create complex bundle connections
Creating a complex bundle of hardware and virtual serial interfaces is not a problem as long as you use a dedicated software tool Virtual Serial Port Driver PRO by Eltima. This powerful solution makes it possible to split and join serial data flows within a single port bundle consisting of multiple COM interfaces.
You just add the required number of COM ports to the In and Out sides of the bundle and get your serial data split or joined depending on the direction of data transmission. Received by a port on the In side, the data can be immediately split and redirected to all of the Out side ports and vice versa. In addition to real and virtual interfaces, the software will let you add shared COM ports.
Here’s what you should do in order to create a complex port bundle with VSDP PRO:
- Install the program on your PC, start it and open the “Complex” tab.
- Then, add ports to the INPUT side of your bundle. To do this, choose the port type and hit “Add port” for every new port.
- Set the main port for the INPUT side.
- Now, do the same for the OUTPUT-side.
- Once done, click "Add bundle". Here you go! You complex port bundle is now created in the Bundle tree and ready for use.
Starting from this moment, all programs will be capable of communicating with your weather station via the shared serial port. What’s important is that they’ll be able to do this simultaneously.
Virtual Serial Port Driver PRO
Version 9.0.270 (12th Apr, 2018) Release notes